Client and Need
- Red Robin specializes in casual dining restaurants internationally
- Their current website was only capable of handling just over 1,100 concurrent users and was not scalable
- Needed to rebuild their Loyalty website
- Desired help in understanding and making the most of the Heroku cloud platform. Heroku (which runs in the AWS cloud) provides a PaaS (Platform as a Service) environment for running the Enterprise Java application. Heroku allows the Client to reduce their management overhead by eliminating servers and focus on solving their business problems
- Provided technical leadership, enterprise Java and Salesforce.com consultants.
- Assisted with evaluating the current site, writing requirements, and selecting a new runtime environment (Heroku).
- Supported in the process of deployment methodologies and development on the replacement site.
- Overall, Statêra helped Red Robin to provide a higher value Loyalty Web Application
- Created an entirely new DevOps/QA/Deployment methodology based on current best practices.
- Automated the application’s test suites
- Provided guidance to team members during transition to agile development methodology
- Increased performance of the site from just over 1,100 concurrent users to over 40,000 concurrent users
- Implemented automatic scaling to assist with dynamic changes in user load